Totals are way off with solar

Emporia Energy Community Support Center Hardware and Installation Totals are way off with solar

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Attempt 2 writing this, so point form now.

-16 circuit vue module.  Using 2 circuits to measure solar input to a breaker on my panel.  Set to 1x for each curcuit

-solar input is a curate and green

-balance, total, amd net total values are way off when producing power.  All 3 are accurate at night when panels aren’t producing power

-cant upload a photo here but an example of the current values are Net =0.9kw, Solar in = 600w and 600w, Total = 2kw, combined house usage approx 400w, Balance = 1.7kw

The balance is what makes no sense to me.  If I turn off the breaker for the panels, this drops to almost 0, so it’s obviously the cause.  I don’t understand why the app see the solar production from the panels in green, but is adding that power input as usage to the total.

I’ve tried:

-flipping the circuit sensors (break arrow facing either way).  No change

-measuring the solar input as 1 sensor at 2x.  No change

-setting the circuit as bidirectional in the app.  No change (it’s currently unidirectional)

-merging the 2 circuits as 1x in the app.  No change

• #11229 Report Abuse
      DougHo

I am not from emporia and I don’t have solar, so I could easily be mistaken. I am not sure the direction for the CT breaker arrow facing, but if you go through the next step and it seems backwards, then reverse it and consider repeating the setup.

I think the step you didn’t list is doing the Setup (using the App) and specifying the Circuit numbers which are connected to the Solar as Solar/Generation during that Setup in App. It is started by something like the following in the App: Manage/Setup-Vue-Reset WiFi / Solar Setup. I had to do that myself for recalibration and it is a little frustrating to have to re-enter your WiFi password but then pay attention to the screen because it will ask you if you want to do more than just reset WiFi (do NOT choose Skip) – that seems to be the only way to change setup, and is described here.

• #11261 Report Abuse
      scrambler

There is indeed a precise procedure to follow when setting up CT for solar.

If you don’t remember reading / following it, then you may want to go back to the installation manual. each step is important.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by scrambler.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.