Faulty CT Clamp received (UK)

Emporia Energy Community Support Center Hardware and Installation Faulty CT Clamp received (UK)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      vrooze

Firstly, awesome product and works well!

I had an awful time stuffing everything into my tiny UK consumer unit (and discovered the main neutral feed on the hot end of the main breaker handn’t been tightened as it came out when I moved the cables to get the 200A on! That was a fun moment of panic!

I wired everything up fine and started connecting my 50A CT’s wired up 3 circuits and everything was fine. Wired up the 4th and realised there was no data coming through. I tried putting other Jacks from the previous circuits in and got data. Thought that was a bit strange so I got another CT out of the box and put it on the same wire.
      New sensor worked fine. So I swapped the jacks around with the other one on same wire and the readings vanished.

It looks like 1 of my 8 CT’s is a DOA  🙁

Is there a way to get a replacement to the UK as I don’t think I can get them on their own I recall reading UK.

Thanks!

• #8366 Report Abuse
      djwakelee

Send Emporia a chat.  They haven’t replied on this forum in months (reason unknown), but are very responsive and helpful on chat.  I had two damaged CT’s with my 2nd Vue 2 I purchased, and they sent replacements no problem.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.