120 or 240 volts?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Racer-X

I have a Vue Utility Connect. I have a 100A service into my house, but I know that’s at 240V. When monitoring my electricity use today, I peaked at about 6000w and 50A. Dividing that out gives me 120V.

It appears the Vue is assuming 120v for some reason and not giving me correct numbers. I want to know if that 50A reading was correct in that if I had another 50A load I would reach the max my house wiring can handle. Or is it that my max is actually 200A in the Vue app because the Vue is assuming 120V.

• #7124 Report Abuse
      Racer-X

Hello? Anyone?

Is there another way to contact Emporia to get an understanding of the readings on the Utility Connect?

• #7150 Report Abuse
      Emporia Support
      Emporia Staff

Hello @Racer-X I apologize for the delay in our response.  You are correct the Vue assumes 120v when calculated Amps;  At this time the current in the app is actually calculated as [real power]/120, as opposed to [apparent power]/[measured voltage].

You can always reach us during our support hours through the contact methods listed below.

Chat M-F 8am – 5pm MNT 1 844 EMPORIA (367-6742)
      support@emporiaenergy.com

• #7162 Report Abuse
      Racer-X

So the native measurement is in watts?

I’m just trying to figure out how much headroom I have with my 100A service. I’ve peaked as I mentioned above at 50A but only 6000 watts, so it appears from your response I should be able to max out around 20,000 watts (given roughly 80% max power) per the app and not at 100A per the app.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.