240V 3 Phase 4 Wire High Leg Delta Installation & Questions

Emporia Energy Community Support Center Hardware and Installation 240V 3 Phase 4 Wire High Leg Delta Installation & Questions

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      eleceng19792

All,

Recently installed a Vue Gen 2 into a 3 phase 4 wire 240V High Leg Delta panel.  During setup a message stating 3 200A CT’s have been connected but only 2 valid voltage sources found.  I assume this error is due to the high leg being connected.  All 3 voltage leads are connected.  A high leg delta is 120VAC phase to neutral on phases L1 and L3.  L2 is the high leg and can vary in voltage based upon loads, usually around 200-210V.  All phases are 240VAC phase to phase.

Questions…

1. Will the KW calculations be flawed due to the unit not accepting all 3 voltage sources?  I assume it will configure itself as a 3 phase 240V system despite only measuring 2 voltages.

2. Will the connection of the high leg to the unit voltages input cause the unit to fail?  The specs state up to 240VAC phase to neutral voltage.

3. Is it supposed to work with a high leg delta system and I have a legitimate wiring error?  Meaning should I not seen the error message?

4. There appears no way to see raw data of Amps and Volts per phase to confirm what the vue is sensing, is this correct?  With no way to see raw values on each input it is impossible for me to determine what it is sensing.

• #7148 Report Abuse
      Emporia Support
      Emporia Staff

Hello @eleceng19792,  thanks for your post.   The Gen 2 Vue does not work on a high leg delta

“Supports single-phase up to 240VAC line-neutral; single, split-phase 120/240VAC; and three-phase up to 415Y/240VAC (no Delta).”

What we an do is if you please reach out to our support team we can check your installation and configuration to determine how the high leg is impacting your power readings.

Garrett

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.