30 Amp Breaker for Vue Power?

Emporia Energy Community Support Center Hardware and Installation 30 Amp Breaker for Vue Power?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jmcooper

I want to install my view on a sub panel that is outside. It is used for some higher voltage devices like air conditioner and electric car charger. There is no 15 amp or 20 amp breaker, only a 30 amp. Can I connect the view power adapter to a 30 amp breaker?

• #6151 Report Abuse
      Crazymk6

I realize it’s been a while since you posted this… I hope you have found a solution.
      Let me prephase this by saying you’re almost certainly okay using a 30 amp breaker. The only issue I can foresee, is the device might burn out if there is a power surge on that breaker, since the breaker won’t flip until there is a higher load on it.

That said, I can suggest 2 other solutions.
      1. If the panel has only big things like you say, there is almost certainly an open spot. You could always go out and buy a 15 amp breaker, and put it in yourself. Then you could connect the device directly to that breaker.

2. If there is an outlet near the panel, you can purchase an adapter on the emporia website, that allows you to plug the device into the wall. It’s less than $10.

Regards.

• #6179 Report Abuse
      wingsfan

Did you end up using the 30a breaker okay? I have solar so the 12v adapter is not an option.

• #6180 Report Abuse
      wingsfan

Bump for replies

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.