App 2.4.35.2435

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Chuck

I notice in the latest version of the Emporia app that you have moved the “Total Usage” to the top part of the display.  In my particular setup I have Solar generation, but I monitor my usage and generation separately.  The “Main” is my total power usage (the sensor clamps are attached BELOW the Solar breakers) and then I have another sensor clamp on the solar to give me raw solar generation.

So for this example, my “Main” shows I have used 22.84Kwh today.  This is my TOTAL power usage, not NET.   My Solar shows I have generated 3.42 Kwh, and it is shown as a minus number (I have no problem with that).  However, underneath the Solar is the app generated “Total Usage”, which is given as 26.27, which is wrong (ignore the rounding).  I understand why the app is doing this, but in my case I would like “Total Usage” to be a NET figure, which would realistically show my Total Usage.  In other words, the app should recognize the Solar is a MINUS figure and subtract it from the MAIN.  I think the app was designed with the assumption the MAIN would be a NET figure in a solar setup.  I tried going into the app settings and changing my Solar multiplier to a minus, but that didn’t do anything.  Perhaps an option can be added to the app so the user can specify that he wants a NET figure for TOTAL USAGE rather than a total?

App

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.