Configuring Main 200A sensors for branch circuits

Emporia Energy Community Support Center Emporia App Configuring Main 200A sensors for branch circuits

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      peteman

I have a busbar breaker box so I wasn’t able to put the main 200A sensors on my main inputs.  I’ve instead connected them to branch circuits so that along with the 8 sensors of the expansion module, I can monitor 10 circuits.  This seems to work, however the app still insists on assuming the load through the 200A sensors is a total load, so it displays the load of every other branch circuit as a percentage of this.  For example if the circuit being monitored by the 200A sensors is not drawing power then all of the other circuits display “infinity” or “0”  as their percentage.  Is there a way to configure it to know that the 200A sensors are monitoring just another branch circuit?  Ideally it would show the branch circuit percentages of the sum of all measured circuits, or would allow me to use the measurements from the smart meter (as read by a separate vue utility connect) as the total power draw to measure the percentages relative to.

• #6265 Report Abuse
      Marty @Emporia
      Emporia Staff

@peteman thanks for bringing this to our attention.  We are aware of this situation when customers are using the mains on other circuits, or not at all.   Our development team has this on our radar, but right now we don’t have a specific release date. We appreciate your feedback and hope you understand that we’re working very hard to prioritize the many enhancements that have been requested.

• #6751 Report Abuse
      takis7

Is there an update on this issue?

I noticed that on the FAQ page it says:

Do I need to install the 200A Main sensors for the 50A sensors to work?

No, the 200A Main clamps for the Vue are not necessary for the individual circuit sensors to work and the 200A sensors can be used to monitor another circuit.

In my case, I want to use the 50A sensors to monitor individual circuits and the 200A sensors to monitor a circuit that goes to a subpanel.

• #7038 Report Abuse
      Euroboy

I have exactly the same setup, so would be curious to hear if there are any planned updates to support this?

• #8081 Report Abuse
      takis7

I was disappointed to see that this issue wasn’t addressed on the latest App update (v3.0).

Is there any chance this will be implemented anytime in the near future?

• #8481 Report Abuse
      mattltm

I to am waiting for this update. I have 2 sub panels that I would like to use the 200A clamps to monitor.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.