Using two Vues on 240v in the UK – 28 circuits

Emporia Energy Community Support Center Hardware and Installation Using two Vues on 240v in the UK – 28 circuits

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      JohnA

Hello

I am new to this system and bought it after reading about it widely. I’ve been through the manuals, and around this community site.

I am installing this Vue system as I cannot trace all usage individually by putting a monitor on each line. I seem to have about 4-500w of missing usage between what my incoming meter says I’ve used and what I have measured separately. Here in the UK that is a lot, and expensive!

I am trying to figure out how to connect to my system properly and how to use the multiplier.

I have two power panels/consumer units, each with its own live/line feed. Total Amps available 100 at 240v split across both boards.

I can see how to connect the various cables/monitors. I have three questions:

1. Coming into the house from the street I have a single phase 100 Amp supply – split through a Henley Block into two feeds, one for each power panel/consumer unit. I have connected one of the two supplied large current sensors after it’s been split, one to each incoming supply, one for each Vue/power panel/consumer unit. Is that correct, please?

2. Does the software allow for a “combined” view of both Vue systems together, or will I have to monitor each separately and add them up myself? Not an issue, but I wanted to know.

3. How do I use the multiplier option, remember all power is at 240v which I have set. Do I need to use the multiplier option, please?

Many thanks in advance for your help. I am really looking forward to finding out what’s using that missing 4-500w

John

• #8602 Report Abuse
      Emporia Support
      Emporia Staff

Hello Jon,

As long as your two main wires are feed from the same main single live line then this is correct.  The 200A sensors will combine their measure power into one reading on the app.   We do not have a way to ‘merge’ or ‘combine’ sensors, we do have the ability to nest them.  The readings will be separate.  The Vue measures voltage, phase and current to calculate power.  You do not need to use the multiplier for the Gen 2 Vue.

If you have more questions or need further assistance, please reach out to our support team.

James

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.