Emporia Smart Plugs not available in notifications?

Emporia Energy Community Support Center Report a Bug Emporia Smart Plugs not available in notifications?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      stevenc88

I have a few Emporia Smart Plugs in my system, and I want to use one of them for a notification of use above a certain amount. I can do tha notification just fine for one of the hard-wired Vue circuits. But I don’t see any of the plugs shown in the selection.

Is this a “feature” or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

• #8280 Report Abuse
      wojo

Totally agree, as posted in another older thread, there are some very important use cases for this:

Fridge/deep freeze does not turn on for x hours (smart switch off, cable unplugged, compressor failure, etc)
      Fridge/deep freeze is on for more than x hours (door left open, etc)

• #8549 Report Abuse
      derson

Yes!  Extremely surprised And disappointed when I couldn’t find the smart plugs for notifications!   Also, if a plug is listed under a circuit, the App seems to subtract the plugs data from the circuit, so would monitoring the circuit even work?  This should be an easy fix, does Emporia monitor their forum?

• #8560 Report Abuse
      Emporia Support
      Emporia Staff

Hello @stevenc88 As the other forum members have mentioned we do not support alerts on our SMART plugs.   We do have this our roadmap for a future software enhancement.   At this time we do not have a expected release date.

Joe

• #9267 Report Abuse
      Sebastien

I recently added some SMART plugs and am really looking forward to having notifications for them.  Glad to hear it is on the roadmap!  Would be happy to help test.

• #9301 Report Abuse
      drtrmiller

This feature has been on Emporia’s “roadmap” since at least November 2020, per this thread:

https://community.emporiaenergy.com/topic/allow-custom-notifications-for-smart-plugs/

Customers will be excited to learn what else is on Emporia’s roadmap:

Advanced AI control – The plug will eventually have an AI system that learns your habits and preferences, automatically turning on and off appliances based on your needs by utilizing the plug’s full array of advanced sensor data.

Smart power generation – Enable the Nano-Nuclear Diamond Crystal (NNDC) chip to enable up to 1200W continuous, clean, on-site power generation in each smart plug. Based on the national average price of electricity, this feature will pay for the cost of the plug with as little as 60 hours of use.

Mind control – By reticulating splines and realigning the Wi-Fi antennae to listen for sub-Hz body resonant frequencies, customers will be able to control their smart plugs just by thinking. Note: This feature will be compatible with AI control and will be used to train the AI system.

At this time, Emporia does not have an expected release date.

• #9452 Report Abuse
      smellslikeMI

sort of like IFTTT support

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.