200A CTs won’t fit in electric panel panel

Emporia Energy Community Support Center Hardware and Installation 200A CTs won’t fit in electric panel panel

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hello. I get Emporia to monitor my house and my solar system ( net metering) Unfortunately my solar system done by company named SUNRUN did the easy kind of install and they hook the inverter just after the meter in the meter box outside the house . also the clamps are so close to the meter so their is no way to put the CTs sensors between the meter and solar system as you guys suggested in user manual. Please see the photo . only one place where they can fit is the wires before the meter on the top ( i don’t care what my power company will say about that) and the additional two cts for net metering to the incoming wires from my solar system.  i will use also mono 10ft long extension cables to extend the CTs sensors to reach my electric panel inside the house. Any suggestions? please let me know .

• #9859 Report Abuse
      emporiacs
      Emporia Staff

We think the solution will be to use extensions to install our sensors between the solar taps and the utility meter. Please contact us to chat further.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.