3 Phase Solar Monitoring

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ZenMan

What does it mean on this page:  https://shop.emporiaenergy.com/products/200a-current-sensor?_pos=2&_sid=6753f7e3a&_ss=r when is says “3-PHASE VUES ARE NOT SOLAR CAPABLE”?

This is what I want to do.

Can I purchase a Vue with Expansion Module and 8 Sensors Bundle, and then add a 200A 3-Phase Current Sensor so that I can monitor all 3 legs of my 3 Phase system?

Then use three of the provided sensors to monitor each leg of my solar generation?

Will this work to provide reporting on my total electrical usage and total solar generation?

• #6321 Report Abuse
      Marty @Emporia
      Emporia Staff

Hi @ZenMan  normally the answer to your questions would be an easy yes, however, the Vue when enabled with 3 phases can’t do net mertering.   However, we are getting ready to release a new hardware version that will be able to support both your 3 phases as well as your solar measurements.  We expect next hardware Vue to be available mid August.

Hope this addresses your questions.

• #6324 Report Abuse
      Marty @Emporia
      Emporia Staff

Hello @ZenMan our Gen 2 Emporia Vue will support Solar and 3 phase  systems.

• #6325 Report Abuse
      ZenMan

I noticed it only comes with two main current sensors.  Can I add an extra 200a current sensor?  Are the Gen 1 current sensors compatible with the Gen2 system?

• #6326 Report Abuse
      ZenMan

Nevermind, found the correct link to the 3 phase version.

Thank you.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.