Interference / Crosstalk on 240V Circuits

Emporia Energy Community Support Center Hardware and Installation Interference / Crosstalk on 240V Circuits

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      bonafide

Hello. I installed my first Gen 2 Vue with 16 sensor in my home panel a few weeks ago. I’m still exploring / learning, but I’ve started receiving notices that my Oven was on for 2+ hours. The notification is from the auto-generated Oven alert that is supposed to trigger when the Vue detects 0.5 kWh for 2 Hours.

First, this led me to discover that I’m seeing cross-talk from my Dryer circuit onto the Oven circuit; both are 240V circuits. When the dryer is running, pulling about 5 kWh, the Oven sensor registers about 0.2 kWh when the oven is not in use. The two circuits are adjacent in my panel (circuits 6A and 8A – black) with adjacent sensors labeled 15 and 14 (see image). I’ve contacted support but have not heard back yet. Is crosstalk a common issue and is there a recommended fix?

Second, the Oven notification seems to be triggering prematurely. I used the oven for over 60 minutes but less than 120 minutes. Is the notification system possibly triggering if there is any above-threshold usage in two consecutive hours (i.e. > 0.5kWh detected sometime during 6pm and sometime during 7pm)?  Are there known issues with the notifications?

Thank you!

Eric

• #9701 Report Abuse
      emporiacs
      Emporia Staff

Hi OP,

We have had no reports of the sensors experiencing ‘cross talk’.   You can always move the sensor or sensors farther appart to see if this remedy this issue.   As for the alerts,  we will need to access your account to look at the data logs to determine what is exactly going on, support should be reaching out to you shortly.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.