Potential New User – 400Amp Service

Emporia Energy Community Product Ideas Potential New User – 400Amp Service

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      tsitalon1

Hey guys, I’m liking what I see here, but I’m reading that 400 amp services in not currently natively supported.

Did I get that right, that even if I buy two units with 16 clamps each, there’s no way to combine total usage within the software to get a total picture of what my home is using?

I have 2 main 200A panels about 4-5 ft apart with a Generac disconnect and power meter between each panel.

• #9317 Report Abuse
      djwakelee

Correct, no way to combine two Vue2’s in the software.  Been a promised feature upgrade for 2 years now.

• #9318 Report Abuse
      tsitalon1

That’s a shame, thanks !

• #10238 Report Abuse
      yaplej

I have had the same problem with my 400 amp service. It’s split into 2x 200amp panels.  I just added a vue utility connect and nested the 2 vues under that.

• #10244 Report Abuse
        emporiacs
        Emporia Staff

While the Vue2 has the 250A limitation for the mains, Utility Connect has no limitation on panel capacity. So, this approach is correct!

Utility Connect for the mains, then two Gen 2 Vue Energy Monitors into the separated panels, and nest them together! The only limitation to keep in mind here is location, because the Utility Connect is only an option in select markets.

More related info:

Gen 2 Vue Energy Monitor – How does it work?

Our Gen 2 Vue Energy Monitor can be set up anywhere in the world and gives you the measurements of your live mains and your individual circuits to show your total usage in real-time through the Emporia app. The Gen 2 Vue measures voltage, phase, and current to calculate power and it works in system voltage (line-to-neutral voltage per phase) under ~264V and the line amperage must be under 250A for the main lines (monitored with a “200A” CT).

More information on the 250A amperage limitation to the mains: https://help.emporiaenergy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408877035415-How-does-it-work-

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.