Use of the Emporia Vue 2 for NEC 220.87 Load Studies

Emporia Energy Community Share Your Emporia Experience Use of the Emporia Vue 2 for NEC 220.87 Load Studies

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Nate_

Anyone else using the Vue2 for NEC 220.87 load studies?  I have some situations where I need to monitor a lot of panels.  A Vue2 is a lot cheaper than a $12k Fluke and easier for the field tech to set up.  Coupled with wifi or a hotspot, I get enough data for a load study.

I will throw my vote in for more CSV data export.    Getting voltage and amperage readings would make the load study more accurate.  An API would be great too, but I suspect the CSV export update would be much less work.

Also, for the Vue 3 shifting away from the ESP8266 to something like an ESP32 would really open up some options.  I would love to have data storage for when I can’t make a continuous connection.  I’m sure this would have to be weighed against increased cost and the low cost is a key advantage.  I’ll admit I looked at cobbling together my own monitoring device, but the Vue2 makes that unnecessary.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.