Vue Gen 2, UK 240v single phase, ‘balance’ and install queries

Emporia Energy Community Support Center Emporia App Vue Gen 2, UK 240v single phase, ‘balance’ and install queries

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      lexi

Hi all,

I see that there’s some good information on balance that shows up in the app. I’ve had my Vue installed and running for 2 days now setup with x13 MCB’s each monitored with 50A CT’s, x2 RCBO’s each monitored with its own 50A CT plus the incoming feed monitored using a single 200A CT.

The balance figure in my app shows as being:

0-2% for Sec,

1% for Min,

1-2% for Hr,

1% for Day

1% for Wk

My understanding is that there’s an accepted tolerance with balance of <=3%, is this correct? Thus, as long as my balance stays at less than or equal to 3% over longer periods everything is ok?

We have a split board consumer unit which has x1 double-pole main switch and x2 RCD’s that aren’t themselves being monitored (only the 200A CT is connected to the incoming live which itself is connected to the main switch. Could these contribute to the balance figure by using a small amount of electricity themselves?

Am I right to be using a single 50A CT only on the live wire or each of the double-pole RCBO’s installed in my board?

Last question, my ring circuits for mains and lights obviously have x2 live wires coming from each of their respective MCB’s for each end of the ring. I have a single 50A CT which is around both of these live ring wires, is this correct and I don’t need to monitor each live wire individually?

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

Lexi

• #9109 Report Abuse
      Emporia Support
      Emporia Staff

@lexi , yes generally speaking since the sensors are accurate within +/- 2% a balance in that range over time is expected.

Ryan

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.